Fayetteville Policies and Procedures 731.0
Vehicles on Campus Sidewalks and Grounds
The overall appearance and first impressions of campus grounds, maintenance of sidewalks and general safety are very important to the university community and to its academic mission. In the interest of these things the following rules shall apply:
- Any vehicles on university grounds or sidewalks not having an approved authorization
slip will be fined by the Transit and Parking Department and may be towed at the owner's
- Authorization, given on a case-by-case basis for legitimate university business, must
be obtained from the director of facility operations and maintenance (or designee)
at the Facilities Management Department (521 S. Razorback Road). Approval will be
given in the form of an authorization slip (at no cost) to be secured on the inside
of the passenger side windshield of the authorized vehicle. Exceptions will be considered
for university business requiring heavy materials or equipment to be moved into or
out of a building that has no loading dock. The vehicle may not remain parked after
unloading or loading but must be moved off the sidewalk immediately. No exceptions
will be considered for motorcycles or scooters. This policy does not apply to a "major
construction site." For assistance call 479-575-2795.
- Authorization will be given by Men's Athletics Department for the Gardens (450 S.
Razorback Road) during home football game weekends. For assistance call 479-575-3755.
- Emergency vehicles and building exits must not be obstructed.
- Driving or parking on grass areas is prohibited.