Board of Trustees Policy 435.1
SALARY CONVERSION AND COMPENSATION FOR SUMMER EMPLOYMENT
The original PDF version of this policy is linked from the revised date below.
Following is the policy on salary conversion from nine months to twelve months, and compensation for summer employment:
1. When the employment period of a faculty member is changed from nine months to twelve months, his/her twelve-month salary will be 125 percent of his/her nine-month salary.
2. When a person on nine-month employment period is employed for the equivalent of two months' summer work, he/she will receive for his/her summer work 20 percent of his/her nine-month salary.
3. Employees on nine-month appointments may be compensated for any summer research employment on a basis proportionate to the salary of the previous nine months. For example, full-time summer employment for the entire period between the ending of the previous nine-month period and the beginning of the following nine-month period may be compensated by an amount equivalent to 33 1/2 percent of the previous nine months' salary, and part-time employment may be at a proportionate rate.
4. Annual salary increases for all faculty personnel will be computed on a basis of nine-month employment and an adjustment will then be made for persons on twelve-month appointment, using a factor of 1.25 on the increase.
5. When the employment period of a faculty member is changed from twelve months to nine months, his/her nine-month salary will be 80 percent of his/her twelve-month salary.
January 31, 1992 (Revised)
November 18, 1977 (Revised)
February 23, 1976 (Revised)
December 8, 1956