Board of Trustees Policy 1720.1
INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS PROGRAMS
The original PDF version of this policy is linked from the revised date below.
In order to provide for the proper development of intercollegiate athletic programs, the following procedures are hereby established:
1. The President of the University shall recommend to the Board of Trustees the affiliation of any University campus with an intercollegiate athletic conference.
2. The construction of all University facilities including those to be used in whole or in part of intercollegiate athletics shall be recommended to the Board of Trustees by the President of the University. When a facility is to be used for both intercollegiate athletics and for general educational purposes, the President's recommendation shall set forth those areas assigned to each of the above activities and the proportion of cost for each area.
3. The President, after receiving recommendations from the Chancellor of a campus, shall advise the Board of Trustees of the intercollegiate sports programs in which men and women on that campus shall engage.
4. The President shall recommend to the Board of Trustees the proposed annual budget for intercollegiate athletics on each campus. The athletics budget shall contain an estimate of income and expenditures, including sources of cash revenues and anticipated transfers from general funds for each intercollegiate program.
5. The determination of schedules for athletics teams is the responsibility of campus officials. However, if a scheduling change is contemplated which will result in a change in the institution's classification for athletics purposes, or which will affect conference affiliation, the President, after receiving recommendations of the Chancellor, shall make recommendations to the Board of Trustees with respect to the proposed scheduling changes.
March 30, 1979