Fayetteville Policies and Procedures 318.2
Out of Budget Cycle Base Salary Increases Policy Title
The original PDF version of this policy is linked from the revised date below.
Non-classified salary increases are based on merit and are initiated during the annual budget cycle. An out-of-cycle salary increase will only be considered for exceptional circumstances. The department must have current budget available for any salary increase. The following reasons for exceptional circumstances may be considered with proper written justification:
- Retention: In the event a department needs to retain an employee with a skill set that would be difficult and expensive to replace.
- Equity: In recognition of an equity issue for a specific position that has developed since the last annual budget cycle.
- Promotion: In the event an employee has taken on additional permanent responsibility that increased the scope and depth of their current position.
- All out-of-cycle salary increases less than 10% must be approved in advance by the appropriate Vice Chancellor. Approval may be through email or a memo signed by the appropriate parties.
- All out-of-cycle salary increases of 10% or more must be approved in advance by the Chancellor. Approval may be through email or a memo signed by the appropriate parties.
- Internal promotions of employees in non-classified and classified positions must follow the policies established by the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance.
All classified salary increases must be in keeping with the state pay plan and meet all of the requirements set forth by the Office of Personnel Management. Arkansas Code Annotated § 21-5-209, policy number 20.01.
Reformatted for Web September 22, 2014
July 24, 2014